Tyson: “Not the birds and bees speech!”
Grandpa: “No, that’s next week!”
-Episode 1, “The Blade Raider”
Tyson: “Not the birds and bees speech!”
Grandpa: “No, that’s next week!”
-Episode 1, “The Blade Raider”
…I might just kill myself.
Only kidding! But no, seriously, I may. I spent the last day and a half writing up epi-by-epi posts because god knows how overdue those are (ha…ha..ha…) and they are all gone.
Oh my god…. my computer really does hate me.
*Sigh… so, we’re really sorry guys. We keep saying we’ll post stuff, things don’t happen, and yea… we feel like terrible people now. There’s a bit of free time tomorrow, so hopefully we can either recover the lost data or write up some new stuff. T^T We’re sorry!
And thank you so much to the people who’ve decided to start following! We really appreciate it :] Just bear with us a little longer, and hopefully this will be worth your time to read.
So… for now I guess, here is something we’d like to share with you.
Guys, this is Billy. Billy, meet Tumblr.
Song title: Kaze no Fuku Bashou
a.k.a. the last ending for Beyblade EVER. T^T
I realize nothing’s been posted for a long (long long long…) while, and I WILL get on that, I promise! I just thought I’d post this video for now, b/c 1) it’s a great song, and 2) a recent blast-to-the-past anime marathon my sister and I had reminded me of what an awesome series Beyblade was.
This song is essentially the perfect ending (in my opinion ^^) to the original Beyblade series, and it’s a shame that the American version of the series didn’t have something similar to it.
So for now, hopefully this video will keep you occupied until I get off my lazy ass and blog soon :)
sorry we haven’t updated (in a looong while ^^)! we’re hoping that now school’s out and all we’ll have time to update :) please look forward to our next post, which will hopefully be soon.
We’re thinking about doing an episode by episode kind of blog…thing. But since there’re like, what, 50 episodes per season (and therefore, roughly 150 total) we don’t think you guys would like 150 journal entries, right?
So here’s the deal.
We’re prolly going to do two episodes per journal entry, because a) we’re too lazy to write 150 different entries and b) after we finish one episode, we move on to the next, so we’ve completely forgotten what happened in the first episode.
Hopefully we’ll get episodes 1 & 2 of season 1 posted tonight, but in case you didn’t know the episode breakdown, here it is:
1. The Blade Raider - essentially? we meet Tyson and Kai, who currently is on the BladeSharks team. Tyson also beats some guy named Carlos.
2. Day of the Dragoon - Kai wipes the floor with Tyson. Dragoon makes his first appearance. Tyson challenges Kai again.
3. Take it to the Max! - Max appears! And Kenny feels left out.
4. The Qualifier Begins - Tyson, Max and Ray hope to dethrone Kai, the champ. Brad Best and AJ Topper make us laugh.
5. Draciel of Approval - Max vs. Kai. that’s all we’re saying.
6. Dragoon Storm - Tyson vs. Ray who crushes him in the first round. Then Tyson turns the tables in round 2. Then, a really surprising twist.
7. Thirteen Candles - Tyson becomes a teenager. then must battle Kai. who refuses a piece of cake.
8. Bladin’ in the Streets - The Bladebreakers are formed! But then Kai goes off, and the others chase him, and wind up in trouble. As per usual.
9. Showdown in Hong Kong - Ray meets his old team, the White Tigers at the tournament. Oh snap.
10. Battle in the Sky - Bladebreakers versus the Tall Boys. Really? Tall-Boys? Come on…
11. Bye Bye Bitbeast! - Kevin’s a troublemaker. Ray tries to stop him. Unfortunately, he’ll pay for his heroic act.
12. Adios Bladebreakers! - Ray goes to the mountains. Mariah and Tyson scale a cliff. Then Ray and Mariah jump off the cliff.
13. Crouching Lion, Hidden Tiger - White Tigers vs. Spin-Shepards. No, I didn’t mispell Shepards. That’s how it’s spelled.
14. The Race is On! - Tyson sleeps in and causes a headache for him and Ray. Actually, a sprained ankle for Ray. So Kai saves the day.
15. Going for the Gold - Bladebreakers get cocky. Gary of the White Tigers puts an end to that.
16. My Enemy, My Friend - Ray vs.
girlfriend former teammate Mariah. *sings* ‘Can you feel, the love tonighttt’
17. A Score to Settle - Tyson vs. Lee ends in a draw. So Ray goes up against Lee. GRUDGE MATCH GRUDGE MATCH GRUDGE MATCH—
18. A Star is Born - Tyson gets even more cocky. So he beats up a bully named Riley. Kai spends family time with Granddaddy.
19. Under the Microscope - Bladebreakers come to USA. Max meets mommy in an unexpected place.
20. It’s all Relative - Emily wipes the floor with Max. So the Bladebreakers snoop around and set off some alarms. Max learns stuff.
21. Practice Makes Perfect - Mr. D sends the Bladebreakers to a mountain. They are confused. So were we.
22. Blading with the Stars - Kiddie bladers vs. celebrity bladers. Max teaches Emily a lesson. We hope she learns.
23. Showdown in Las Vegas -
Gambling Blading takes place in Vegas. Bladebreakers vs. Renegades. Kai surprises people.
24. Viva Las Vegas - Savage Slammers prove to be a wake up call for the Bladebreakers. Then Michael shows off his cockiness.
25. My Way or the Highway - Bladebreakers vs. Spintensity. Zombie situation involving Tyson.
26. Catching a Shooting All-Star - Finally, All Starz vs. Bladebreakers. Who will emerge as victor? We think you knoww…
27. The Battle of America - Tyson vs. Steve, then Ray vs. NBA wannabe. Then Max gets to face Mr. I’m-so-cool-I-parachuted-from-a-helicopter-to-get-here.
28. Bottom of the Ninth - The dish is a baseball field. Really now? So not fair.
29. Play it Again Dizzi - Kenny narrates the success of his friends. Then they get on a ship that’s supposed to take them to Russia. Supposed to.
30.Cruising for a Bruising - Tyson squares off against some purple German kid, who puts him in his place. His bit beast is huge. It eated Dragoon for snack.
31. London Calling - The Bladebreakers miss their boat. They be stuck. Tyson’s dad makes an appearance on a videotape. Kai battles a mummy.
32. Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - A train is hijacked. the Bladebreakers face off against a group of monsters who have grudges. They should get over it.
33. Last Tangle in Paris - Kai disappears in Paris. Bladebreakers check out Eiffel Tower. Kai beats a zombie. A green haired dude named Oliver shows up.
34. Art Attack - Sight-seeing in Paris. Ray has an uncle? Kenny wants to see the Louvre, but Oliver rented it out for himself. Because he can.
35. When in Rome… Beyblade! - They search for the chick magnet Enrique in Rome. Then battle in the Colisseum. Win.
36. Deja Vu All Over Again - Tyson battles Enrique again b/c he lost. Turns out that Enrique and Oliver are buddy buddy.
37. A Knight to Remember - Enrique and Oliver take the Bladebreakers to Robert’s castle. Kai battles Johnny. Johnny is Scottish.
38. Olympia Challenge - Bladebreakers are eating Robert out of house and home. Won’t leave without a team rematch. Robert gets annoyed.
39. A Majestic Battle… A Majestic Victory? - Majestics vs. Bladebreakers. Johnny wants to play golf. Enrique is bench warmer. DJ Jazzman shows up.
40. Hot Battle in a Cold Town - Moscow is cold. Bladebreakers meet Boris Balkov. Boris is a meanie. Kai can’t remember things.
41. Out of the Past - Bladebreakers run into White Tigers and the All Starz. Kai experiences flashbacks. gasp.
42. Drawn to the Darkness - Black Dranzer is powerful. Kai cannot resist. We like ourselves some bad boys.
43. Live and Let Kai! - Bladebreakers are oblivious to what’s happened. Kai steals the All Starz bit beasts. Tyson ends with epic yell.
44. Losing Kai - White Tigers vs. Kai. Kevin benchwarms. Bladebreakers still in ‘shock-I-can’t-believe-you-defected-from-our-team’ mode.
45. Breaking the Ice - Max parachutes to save the day. Kai almost drowns. Ray asks them how they’re getting off this frozen lake anyway.
46. First Strike - Blake Dranzer gets returned. Demolition Boys are bad boys. Max gets screwed over. Tala is too skinny.
47. A Lesson For Tyson - Majestics conveniently show up. Robert beats some sense into Tyson. Mr. Dickenson is very tricksy.
48. Victory in Defeat - Kai takes heroic stand. Fail. But now the emo boy has friends.
49. A Wicked Wind Blows - Ray vs. Bryan. Ray is pretty with long hair. Beyblade continues to defy the laws of nature.
50. New and Cyber-Improved - Lime green human-sized test tube. Ice ice baby. ‘nuff said.
51. Final Showdown - it’s the final showdown. we can’t tell you what happens!
Talk about massive upload. Sorry bout that guys. Hopefully we’ll come back with something shorter tonight.
But for now
Just from the animation, which would you rather watch?
Honestly, we’d pick the one on the right.
In terms of animation and visual effects, Beyblade: Metal Fusion wins hands down. No, we’re serious here. The characters look more refined, the action is totally clear, and characters aren’t so angular looking and fat.
But there’s a certain charm about the original series that keeps drawing its fans back. To be absolutely frank, I only started watching it because Poke’mon was entering its 982178123rd season and because a certain navy-haired grouch was quite attractive to me. Yes, that’s right. The ol’ grouch caught my eye and I couldn’t help but be transfixed. Hence, Beyblade became our favorite tv show (but for two completely opposite reasons).
Now, we don’t mind the fact that they decided to create a spin-off of the original series. But really. Beyblade without Tyson or Kai? Without the White Tigers, the All Starz, and the crazy, evil bad guys?
That’s like creating a show called Yu-gi-oh, but making the main character a kid named Jaden.
Or writing a book called Harry Potter, but making the main character Neville Longbottom.
Sometimes, it’s better to just leave the classics alone. Or at least, that’s what we believe. But everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.
WHO COULD RESIST THESE GUYS?????????
“Dizzi was right! This is the perfect place to work, even if I have to start as a janitor. Can I, please?!” - Kenny
“I’ve never seen Kenny prance before.” - Ray
The Main Characters
Name: Tyson Granger
Teams: Bladesbreakers; BBA Revolution
Bit Beast: Dragoon
Bio: The protagonist of the story, Tyson currently holds the World Championship title in the world of Beyblade. While he may appear cocky and arrogant at times, Tyson is also a fierce blader who holds friendship and loyalty above anything else. Tyson brings humor and comic-relief to the show, and is known for his insanely large appetite. However, his determination and trueheartedness help Tyson throughout the series as he battles against some of his most toughest competitors and brings down evil corporations such as Biovolt and BEGA.
Name: Kai Hiwatari
Teams: BladeSharks; Bladebreakers; Blitzkrieg Boys; BBA Revolution
Bit Beast: Dranzer
Bio: The silent loner of the group hailing from Russia, Kai prefers to work on his own and doing things his own way. He reluctantly is recruited into the Bladebreakers along with Tyson, Ray and Max by Mr. Dickenson of the B.B.A, and throughout the series he learns to open up to his teammates and comes to embrace the values of teamwork and friendship. His past remains somewhat a mystery, but it is eventually discovered he holds ties to Biovolt, an evil corporation bent on ruling the world. Considered Tyson’s main rival, Kai is a tough competitor who will stop at nothing to achieve victory.
Name: Ray Kon
Teams: Bladebreakers; White Tiger X; BBA Revolution
Bit Beast: Driger
Bio: Hailing from the White Tiger village in China, Ray joins the Bladebreakers after a preliminary tournament in Japan held by Mr. Dickenson of the B.B.A. Ray is often considered to be a neko-jin, with cat-like reflexes and intense agility as seen in his beybattles. Ray knows when to be mature and when to act like a teen, making him almost like a mediator between his teammates. He brings both a sense of playfulness and seriousness to his teams, his determination and will making him one of the best Bladers around.
Name: Max Tate
Teams: Bladebreakers; PPB All Starz; BBA Revolution
Bit Beast: Draciel
Bio: The happy-go-lucky one of the group, Max comes from New York, New York and is known for his strong defensive style of blading. Always one to maintain a positive attitude, Max prefers to look on the bright side of things and generally gets along with almost everyone. Despite his optimistic nature, he also shows a certain level of maturity during his battles, and has been known to take some of his opponents by surprise. His mom, Judy Tate, is also involved in Beyblading, as she is a head researcher for the PPB All Starz back in the states. Max’s willingness to let nothing bring him down makes him valuable asset to the team and one to be taken seriously.
Age: 13/14/15 (?)
Teams: Bladebreakers; BBA Revolution
Bit Beast: Dizzi
Bio: The brains of the team, Kenny doesn’t blade for the team but rather serves as the analyst and technician of the group. He and his bit beast Dizzi (who is trapped in his laptop) prepare his friends for any battles thrown their way, often helping his teammates when they’re in a tight spot by offering his invaluable advice. Known for his trademark glasses and his trusty laptop, Kenny is one force to be reckoned with.
First things first, right? What the heck is Beyblade?
Beyblade first got its start as a manga written and illustrated by Takao Aoki, running from 2000 to 2002. The manga was then picked up for production by Madhouse and Nihon Animedia, resulting in three seasons of Beyblade the anime (Beyblade; Beyblade V-Force; Beyblade G-Revolution), beginning in 2001 and ending in 2003. The story follows a group of kids/teens who use powerful spinning tops with mystic spirits called ‘Beyblades’ to do battle against one another and to see who is the best of the best. Along the way, they encounter villains and evil corporations who are determined to steal these ancient spirits and who plan to use Beyblades to take over the world.
These ancient spirits housing the Beyblades are more commonly known as ‘bit-beasts’, and usually take on the form of some kind of animal. Not only are they cool to look at, the bit-beasts add power and soul to the Beyblade, making the Beybattles between the Bladers more exciting and intense. Each bit-beast is unique and contain a variety of special attacks, which grow more powerful as the bond between the bit-beast and the blader grows stronger. Four in particular (Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger, and Draciel) are considered to be the most ‘sacred’, and just so happen to be the ones that all the bad guys in the world are after. But! more on that later :)
So that was just a brief overview of what Beyblade is. We’ll probably go a little more into detail about the tops themselves and we’ll definitely do a run-through of each season, etc. Plus, we’ll explain how the battles between the Beyblades work!
Welcome to Reunion:Beyblade on Tumblr! Thanks very much for visiting!
This Tumblr account is dedicated to discussing the first three seasons of the anime Beyblade, which began its run in 2001 and ended in 2003. After a long hiatus, Beyblade was picked up again for production, but the new show (now called ‘Metal Fight Beyblade’) is more of a spin-off than a continuation of the Beyblade most of us have come to know.
Many of the old fans of Beyblade have moved on or grown up, and for the two of us (who have grown up alongside the show) it’s a bit nostalgic to reflect on the old Beyblade we love. A lot of the websites dedicated to the show are now gone, and we keep seeing the new Metal Fight Beyblade taking place of the original series.
SO… out of both boredom and spontaneous melancholic feelings towards our favorite ‘old shows’, we’ve decided to create this account for the hell of it. Just to talk about the original Beyblade series, and hopefully provide an outlet for fans of the same mind as us. :)
This account might be updated, it might not ever be updated at all! But what the hell. We might as well give it a shot.